Yesterday, Kickstarter officially passed the $1 Billion dollar mark for donations. What does this mean? Well for starters, it shows that;
1. Crowdfunding is now mainstream & accepted.
2. CrowdFunding (in all it's forms) is the future
3. Those producers from above were dead WRONG (obviously)
Gone are the times when only a certain few, who were in the know, could raise funds (As long as you have a quality campaign). Thankfully crowdfunding has been growing each year, not just Kickstarter but the other platforms as well.
Below are the Top Countries & Territories stats via Kickstarter
3. Those producers from above were dead WRONG (obviously)
Gone are the times when only a certain few, who were in the know, could raise funds (As long as you have a quality campaign). Thankfully crowdfunding has been growing each year, not just Kickstarter but the other platforms as well.
Below are the Top Countries & Territories stats via Kickstarter
- United States: $663,316,496 (no surprise here that the US leads this by a wide margin).
- United Kingdom: $54,427,475
- Canada: $44,913,678
- Australia: $31,776,566
- Germany: $21,607,047
- France: $10,131,159
- Japan: $7,139,419
- Sweden: $7,150,257
- Netherlands: $7,033,026
- Singapore: $6,710,981
Kickstarter also gives out two very key statistics', the average donation per day and time of month.
Using this to plan your campaign accordingly we know that the 'best' day of the week is Wednesday and "the best" time of the month is the 13th.
Remember though, the most important factor is the strength of your network.
In the coming Mondays, I am starting a new series that will focus on crowdfunding piece by piece. I've ran and consulted on numerous crowdfunding campaigns, so the advice I give won't be the same bullshit fluff I've seen passed off in other articles.
If there's anything specific you'd like me to cover let me know in the comments.
-Bullis
http://DaveBullis.com
Using this to plan your campaign accordingly we know that the 'best' day of the week is Wednesday and "the best" time of the month is the 13th.
Remember though, the most important factor is the strength of your network.
In the coming Mondays, I am starting a new series that will focus on crowdfunding piece by piece. I've ran and consulted on numerous crowdfunding campaigns, so the advice I give won't be the same bullshit fluff I've seen passed off in other articles.
If there's anything specific you'd like me to cover let me know in the comments.
-Bullis
http://DaveBullis.com
No comments:
Post a Comment